Tanks are containers that hold liquids, compressed gases (gas tank; or in “pressure vessel”, which is not typically labeled or regulated as a storage tank) or mediums used for the short- or long-term storage of heat or cold.
A storage tank is a large vessel for storing oil, gas, and other petrochemical products.
Basically there are eight types of tanks used to store liquids:
- Fixed-roof tanks.
- External floating roof tanks.
- Internal floating roof tanks.
- Domed external floating roof tanks.
- Horizontal tanks.
- Pressure tanks.
- Variable vapor space tanks.
- LNG (Liquefied Natural Gas) tanks.
There are two main types of fuel storage tanks – Above ground tanks and Underground tanks.