1) Controls steam-driven turbogenerators in electric or nuclear power generating station: Starts or signals AUXILIARY-EQUIPMENT OPERATOR to start turbines and boiler auxiliary units.
2) Adjusts throttle and vacuum-breaker valve to engage governor that regulates speed of turbines and notifies SWITCHBOARD OPERATOR that turbine-driven generators can be synchronized with auxiliary units.
3) Monitors panel board to control operations of turbines to detect equipment malfunctions.
4) Stops turbines when malfunctions occur, following operating instructions.
5) Records instrument readings at specified intervals.
6) May perform minor maintenance or equipment, using handtools.
7) When controlling operation by remote control, may be designated Central-Control-Room Operator.